You Can't Make a Tomlette Without Breaking Some Greggs

by Katie Chilton

I recently finished a TV show that changed my life, it made me feel things I had never felt before, made me want to be a better person, and to find a love of my own. It was Succession. Succession was not only a wonderful story about a close-knit family struggling to keep their small family business afloat, but it was also a love story. A love story between Tom Wambsgans and Cousin Greg. 

It is possibly the most passionate love story that Matthew Macfadyen has acted in. (Don’t even mention Pride and Prejudice (2005); the 1995 miniseries is superior). Their love was like none I have ever seen before; it was true, passionate, and a little bit silly. And I can’t wait to see how it grows in season 4. From the first episode when Tom was messing with Greg, I knew they were meant for each other. While I love Shiv, she needs someone else that can provide for her the way that Greg provides for Tom.

Now if I’m being honest I don’t actually believe they need to be in a romantic relationship and I think that some people are a little too passionate about that. All these two wonderful men need is friendship. I think they will continue to have this and it is a beautiful friendship that is their version of a love story. They love each other as friends and that is okay but if they love each other as more that is also okay.

A list of reasons why TomGreg is the endgame 

  • Can’t make a Tomlette without breaking some Greggs

  • Would you kiss me? If I asked you to? If I told you to? (Tom to Greg on their first-day meeting!) 

  • The whole water bottle scene (“I will not let go of what is mine!”)

  • When Tom teaches Greg how to be rich ("are you trying to seduce me, Tom?")

  • Greg being a real one and letting Tom know Shiv was cheating on him 

  • Greg blackmailing Tom (Tom was so proud!)

  • Eating jail food together

  • The end of season 3 when Greg was like yeah of course I’m on board with you Tom no matter what (also Tom was soooo sneaky for that)

  • “I’ll look after you” (Tom to Greg and he did)


I will link below TomGreg Cruel Summer.

Comments